With an airlift system, super biochemical sponge filter features silent operation and has an excellent filtering effect while oxygenating the water.
The specially developed foam materials support the colonization of bacteria, allowing for mechanical and biological filtration, which will break down harmful ammonia and nitrite material resulting in a cleaner living environment for your fish. Particularly useful as a breeding filter or as a secondary filter. It will reduce noise from the air pump and consumes low wattage. Most fit external or top filters as a pre-filtration unit. No dead spots in cylinder foam offering full filtration.
• For freshwater and saltwater aquariums
• Install with either an air pump or a powerhead
• Provides reliable filtration in fry aquariums and quarantine systems
• Add extra biological filtration in heavily stocked aquariums
• Models designed for virtually any size system
• Sponge Filter
• Up to 40 Gallons
• 40 Pores/Linear Inch
• Base Diameter: 3.25 inches
• Sponge Diameter: 5.00 inches
• Uplift Tube Height from Top of Filter: 3.00 inches
• Sponge Height, Base to Top: 3.50 inches
• Full height w/ Sponge and Uplift Tube: 6.75 inches
• Uplift I/D: 0.75 inches